Thursday, August 17, 2017

Inspiration for Sharing my Writing

 I've always written or re-written things.

About 7.5 years ago Adam Lambert pulled Tommy Ratliff's hair and kissed him at the AMA. Since I was living in China didn't hear or see this for several months. Here's the original:




I was first shocked anyone would have an issue with it. ((>>>>talk about filters & being sheltered... I couldn't imagine people having such problems over it!!!!!)) 

It kicked off me studying his concert performances across the USA via China's answer to YouTube:   YouKu. I discovered you could judge the homophobia of the state performed in based on how & if there was a kiss during the song Fever

I was enthralled. Of course, Jet Mykles Heaven Sent series was finally available in print (I didn't have a kindle at that point). Sooooo here was a hot rocker making a statement beyond his lyrics.

I dashed some words down... and then Adam Lambert's tour came to Asia. There were protests in Malaysia over fears of him turning their kids gay! Again, I found the lack of education and ignorance stunning. 

It made me realize I needed try to use my voice to promote equality... Hell even if my words weren't perfect maybe I could help forward the agenda of LOVE IS LOVE... I believe now as I believed than with every page we turn hearts and minds are changed. 

 

In 2014, I rewrote the original and republished it with 25,000 more words.  I will always be grateful for those of you who encouraged my early efforts. Thank you.

Many hugs and much love, Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment