Thursday, June 22, 2017

A sadist, a Dom and a sub walk into a club…


Wait, were you waiting for a punchline? That’s what happens in a chapter opening.

Secured and Free is the second book in the Entwined Dreams BDSM series. Entwined is a BDSM club that doesn’t exist except in my wishes and dreams. I began writing this as a way to ensure all types of BDSM expression are validated not just the “typical”. My goal is to explore the faucets of what’s beyond what we normally see/read about. There’s too much complexity and uniqueness for me not to want to share what’s beyond the stereotypes. Be warned you might not find characters you’re used to seeing or expressing themselves in the way you might come to expect.

(Disclaimer: I’m a love slave. So, I approach BDSM on a very personal level. I try to acknowledge my own filters, but I may slip into my own belief system >>> if you feel I’m not be portraying an aspect accurately please let me know.)

I believe BDSM is a spectrum. Some people live in BDSM based relationships 24/7, others dabble and there’s people everywhere in between. Sometimes people remain fixed in their BDSM needs and desires over time, sometimes their desires change. BDSM is truly individual. As is the expression of it.

Take the two Doms in Secured and Free: Marcus Satir and Hunter Dixon. Both can wear the label Dominant. However, their expression of it is different. Marcus finds his joy in sharing pain with others, and Hunter wants to guide a sub to their full potential. Hunter is very specific and exacting while Marcus finds the joy of BDSM to the point of being silly. Hunter is thrilled to go over a BDSM activities worksheet with a sub while Marcus wouldn’t waste his time (though he has no problem using the information acquired). Their perceptions of themselves and their definitions of domination also vary.


Excerpt from Secured and Free: Marcus, Hunter and Orion’s first chat:

Hunter nodded. “I simply like to put a sub through their paces. I like to focus on making sure they are getting everything they need.”

Did Orion shiver? Marcus couldn’t be sure because of the squirming in the chair. He might as well throw his predilection out there. “I’m a sadist.”

Shaking his head, Hunter said, “You’ve got sadistic tendencies.”

Marcus rolled his eyes. “Fine! Sadistic tendencies with a side of masochism. I like to make it hurt and share the feelings.”

Orion gasped and panted a little. The Pain Slut sign flashed over his head.

Encouraged that he was on the right track, Marcus continued to fuel the fire. “I live for the moment when the pain morphs into pleasure.” He took the strands of hair dyed purple and painted them over Orion’s face. “I adore the sensation so much I want to share in the bounty of pain... the intensity of it.”

The pretty man shut his mouth and swallowed.

Hallelujah! The three of them would be well matched if Marcus could make this happen. “But Hunter’s not into needles or pain. I’m not what most would consider a Dominant, because I adore the sting of pain, but no matter how I try, I can’t be submissive enough to satisfy Hunter’s need for dominance.”

Marcus took in Orion’s rapid blinking and the way he licked his full lips. Yeah, Marcus had gotten used to settling for a lot less to get just a little of what he needed. With Orion, it wouldn’t be reconciling himself to less... and to share in Hunter’s complete satisfaction would be heaven.



The practice/lifestyle of BDSM done right can be a magical. Done wrong… it can lead to unintended injury both physical and mental. Be safe. Be happy. Be you.

Big Hugs, Z. Allora




Entwined Dreams: Book Two
An abusive Dom robbed Orion Gordon of his love of BDSM, destroying his confidence and leaving him unsure he’ll ever find peace through submission to another. Still, deep inside, his longing continues. 
Marcus Sadir loves Hunter Dixon, yet can’t be the one thing Hunter truly desires: a sub to control. And Hunter can’t find satisfaction in the sadistic aspects of the BDSM lifestyle, while Marcus thrives on inflicting and sharing pain. When Marcus convinces Hunter they should find a third on a permanent basis, they discover Orion might be the key to bridging their differences and joining them on a deeper level. 
But they must help Orion move past his trauma enough for him to enjoy new facets of BDSM and kink again. Their journey toward becoming whole—together—won’t be without challenges. Can Orion trust enough to try again?

BUY LINKS:
ebook:  https://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/books/secured-and-free-by-z-allora-8511-b
paper:  https://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/books/secured-and-free-by-z-allora-8512-b

No comments:

Post a Comment