Thursday, December 29, 2016

Interview with Zack Davis

BDSM is a spectrum. I’m compelled to explore the different facets of it through my characters.
Though everything I write seems to be kissed by BDSM, Lock and Key is my first official BDSM novel. I hope to celebrate the joy that can be found in BSDM.
I’d like to introduce one of my characters from Lock and Key. Please say hi to Zack Davis.
Z.: (smiles brightly) Welcome! I’m so glad you could make it.
Zack: (ducks his head) Hey, Z. Um, hi everyone. (Hissed whisper >>>) Z., I didn’t know there would be so many people here.
Z.: (looks around) Um, Zack it’s only me, and some readers.
Zack: Yeah, a lot of people. (Glances at the door as if he’s counting the footsteps to his escape)
Z.: So Zack, where would you say you fall on the BDSM spectrum?
Zack: (shifts around in his chair) Well, Lock and Key starts when I’m 18, but I’ve known almost my life that I’m a sub.
Z.: How did you know?
Zack: Um… (shrugs & looks down before peeking up at Z.) I guess I was 8 years old. It was late at night, but I was waiting for my older brother to get home. The Secretary was on TV.
Z.: The Secretary? That’s about the woman who discovers BDSM through her boss?
Zack: (chuckling) That would be the one.
Z.: Was this the first time you’d seen BDSM? And what did you think?
Zack: Well, yes and no. I’d always liked the Western’s especially when someone got tied up, but the sound of that spanking in The Secretary… and him micromanaging her… his control… I don’t know it did something to me. Everything seemed to make sense.
Z.: What happened?
Zack: (shakes his head) Nothing. I was 8… well, except I kept looking everywhere for more hints of anything that gave me a delicious nervous excited feeling.
Z.: How old are you when Lock and Key starts?
Zack: At the beginning of the book I’m 18 and I just started my first job as a roadie for my brother’s band. I put almost all the money I earned away to afford the crazy membership fees at Entwined.
Z.: Entwined?
Z.: (smiles encouragingly at Zack)
Zack: (bites his lower lip before answering) A club where BDSM dreams become a reality.
Z.: And did your dreams come to fruition?
Zack: (sighing he looked away and muttered) Z. to quote you my journey to subspace isn’t a direct one…
Z.: Any love interests?
Zack: (looking up at Z.) Plenty of playmates, but only one true love.
Z.: At such a young age…
Zack: I know it’s rare for someone to find the person they want to spend the rest of their life with at 18, but I did. (Hell, you married someone who you started dating at 18… and you knew right away too.)
Z.: (glaring) Insta-love happens… (Z. quiets a character from another book stating the physical impossibility of insta-love and quieting his detailed explanation as to why it’s actually insta-lust… Z. focuses on Zack) Tell us what it was like to start practicing BDSM.
Zack: Amazing (smiles dreamily) In chapter 2 I was sitting in a very basic BDSM class and I swear I thought I was going to come just by squirming in my seat.
Z.: (laughing) I know. To actually be in a place that your deepest fantasies are accepted by everyone and maybe even shared is… overwhelming. You no longer feel like you need to hide the part of yourself that most of society has labeled a sexual freak…. But Lock and Key is also about love, so let’s get back to that.
Zack: (sighing) Yes, it is. There is only one person I want to serve. My love for him made me desperate.
Z.: You’re young—
Zack: Not that young!
Z.: (back pedaling) So you were desperate…?
Zack: Hell, my thinking around him shrunk down to my needs and wants. I couldn’t think past my outright need for him. Even my breathing was about him and—
Z.: (leans forward) What happened?
Zack: He rejected me….
Z.: (looks away from the pain written all over Zack) It encouraged you to go in places you wouldn’t have went otherwise.
Zack: (shakes his head and shrugs) Yeah well… I have to, um go…
Z.: (nods) Well, Zack thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us.
Rejected. Heartbroken. Devastated.
Zack Davis wanted to serve only one man, Andrew Nikeman. He was denied because Andrew thought he was too young and because their brothers were together. So Zack crushed his submissive tendencies and focused on being the perfect Dom, giving every sub he played with something he couldn’t have.
After years of denying his submissive side, Entwined’s charity auction “Are you Dom Enough to be a sub?” gives Zack an excuse to get a little of what he’s always craved.
Andrew doesn’t know when his infatuation turned into more, but it kills him to see Zack with a constant parade of submissives. He’d refused to jeopardize his brother’s relationship or become Zack’s regret; however, Zack isn’t a kid anymore, and his brother’s relationship is unbreakable. Now Zack’s popularity and success as a Dom might ruin Andrew’s dreams of collaring him, but he can’t wait any longer to confess his feelings or he risks losing the man he loves forever.
Buy Link

Hugs, Z. 

No comments:

Post a Comment